- The internship, preceptorship, and intercampus travel grant is designed to support WSU GRADUATE and PROFESSIONAL students with the cost of transportation for an internship, preceptorship, and intercampus travel.
- The cost of travel either gas, mileage, or bus tickets from campus to campus is only open to graduate or professional who travels outside of their official residence and official workstation. Students must provide an explanation of the benefits of this travel for their professional development.
- Reimbursable Travel Expenses:
a. Internship & Preceptorship: All travel expenses, including airfare, mileage, shuttle costs, rental car, gas, parking, bus, ferry, train, etc.
b. Intercampus: All travel expenses, including gas, mileage, or bus tickets.
To apply for this type of grant, you have to fill out two forms at the Coug Presence platform which are described below. You have to submit both forms (1 & 5) to be considered for the review process.
Important Point: Coug Presence doesn't let you fill out Form 5 before submitting Form 1. Please submit Form 1, then you have access to Form 5. Please don't forget to log in to the Coug Presence before filling out the form.
A. Fill form "GPSA Travel Grant-Form 1: General information" and attach the following document to the form. The link is available on this page.
1. Internship or preceptorship offer letter including start and end date, intern's name, company/organization or school name, location, OR proof of reason to travel between campuses.
2. Travel receipts
3. Create Spend Authorization Form
- For in-person travels, this form should be created with guidance from the host department travel coordinator through the WSU Workday platform (How to create Spend Authorization Form).
- Don't forget to blind your name and email address in the uploaded document. The reason that we request such proof is that if being awarded, all the financial processes will go through the travel coordinators. So, they have to be informed about your application ahead of time.
B. Fill form "GPSA Travel Grant-Form 5: Internship, Preceptorship, and Intercampus Travels". The quality of your responses to the questions will be evaluated in the review process. The link is available on this page.
- Award amounts per application will NOT exceed $500 for Internship & Preceptorship Travel and $100 for Intercampus Travel.